*** Given the latest Government advice regarding coronavirus, we are sadly going to have to cancel this event. We will be getting in touch with ticket holders directly very shortly ***
It’s not every Saturday that we get to combine two of our favourite things – delicious wood-fired pizza and the joy of foraged ingredients. However, this appears to be developing into an annual event, so at least we get to do it once a year! And you can too…
Join us for an afternoon at The Edible Flower learning all about the delicacies hiding in the hedgerows at this time of year, and how to use them to make the perfect wood-fired pizza.
At this workshop we will teach you how to make the perfect crispy sourdough base and classic tomato sauce, then everyone will head out on a foraging walk around in lanes and fields of Saintfield led by wild food fan, forager extraordinaire and chef, Clare McQuillan. Once back at the farmhouse, we will use what we find to make some tasty sides, salads and pizza toppings. You will get the chance to prepare and cook your own pizzas in our wood-fired clay oven, and of course, eat lots of pizza.
Overview of the workshop:
Making Pizza Dough and Classic Tomato Sauce
- Making sourdough pizza dough together – it will be hands-on
- We will also talk about making a yeasted pizza dough
- We will roll dough balls ready to be rolled out to make pizzas
- Making tomato sauce for the pizza base
A Foraging Walk
- Discovering what you can forage in the Northern Irish hedgerows, fields and lanes in spring
- Finding out what’s edible, what’s delicious and what’s not!
- (We will have a walk whatever the weather so come prepared with wet-weather gear if it looks like rain)
- Using the foraged ingredients to make salads, sides and some delicious pizza toppings.
Making Pizza and Eating
- We will demonstrate how to make a pizza and put it in the pizza oven.
- Everyone will have a chance to make at least one pizza and put it in the oven (and hopefully successfully take it out again!)
- We will eat the pizzas as we make them. We will provide some delicious salads to go along with the pizzas
- If you get tired of pizza making and just want to eat, we will make the pizzas and you can sit back and enjoy eating them
This is a BYOB event, so please feel free to bring some drinks to enjoy with your pizza.
The time: Saturday 4 April 2020, 2pm-7pm
The place: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS.
The cost: £42 per person, plus £1.50 booking fee
Dietary requirements: Vegetarians welcome. Please let us know if you are vegetarian or have any other dietary requirements when you book and we’ll try our absolute best to accommodate you. Please note: this event is not suitable for people unable to eat gluten.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your booking, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible. For full details of our cancellation policy please click here.
(And if you like foraging but are not a fan of pizza, check out some more fabulous foraging walks and events that Clare is running this year.)