*** SOLD OUT ***
*** To be added to the waiting list, please email us at TheEdibleFlowerIreland@gmail.com ***
Join us on Sunday 11 February 2018 from 2pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of brewing, eating and learning. Experience a full-grain brew – learn how to homebrew while enjoying some delicious food and samples of beer.
This is a course for people who have no homebrewing experience but are interested in giving it a go, or are already brewing from a kit but want to take the next steps towards a “full mash”. You are also very welcome if you like beer and just want to sit back, observe the transformation process of grain to beer and learn a bit about different beer styles, and beer & food matching.
Here are the details:
The brew: Throughout the afternoon we will be jointly brewing a 40-pint batch of pale ale, while learning the basics of homebrewing, the ingredients, the kit, recipes and the processes.
The food: We will be keeping you well fed and watered throughout the afternoon, with various beer and food matches for you to try out.
The time: 2pm to 6.30pm, Sunday 11 February 2018
The place: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS
The cost: £40 per person plus £1 booking fee.
This course will cover:
- How to make beer from malted barley and whole hops at home
- Selecting grains and hops for brewing different styles of beer
- The equipment you will need to do a full grain brew
- An introduction to the basics of beer and food matching
- A useful handout covering the basics of homebrewing and a couple of recipes to get you started.
- Finally, plenty of drinks and snacks throughout the afternoon.
Homebrewing instructions and some favourite beer recipes will be provided as part of the course, ready for you to start your own homebrewing adventure.