Spend an evening at The Edible Flower learning all about making the perfect wood-fired pizza and then… eat lots of pizza!!!!
During this workshop we will cover the basics of how we made our clay pizza oven, we’ll teach you how to make the perfect crispy sourdough base and fresh tomato sauce, and then everyone will have a chance to prepare and cook their own pizzas.
Overview of the workshop:
Introduction to cooking with a wood-fired pizza oven and lighting the pizza oven
- How the oven is made and how it works
- What you can cook on it
- How to light the oven and keep it lit
- Useful tools for cooking in a wood-fired pizza oven
Making Pizza Dough
- Making sourdough pizza dough together – it will be hands-on
- We will also talk about making a yeasted pizza dough
- We will roll dough balls ready to be rolled out to make pizzas
Making Tomato Sauce
- Making tomato sauce for the pizza base
Preparing toppings for the pizza
- We will make at least four different types of pizza, (including a dessert pizza!)
- We will prepare an array of pizza toppings for the pizzas – it will be hands-on
Making pizza and having dinner
- We will demonstrate how to make a pizza and put it in the pizza oven.
- Everyone will have a chance to make at least one pizza and put it in the oven (and hopefully successfully take it out again!)
- We will eat the pizzas as we make them. We will provide some delicious salads to go along with the pizzas
- If you get tired of pizza making and just want to eat, we will make the pizzas and you can sit back and enjoy eating them
This is a BYOB event, so please feel free to bring some drinks to enjoy with your pizza.
If you are one of the awesome people who helped us build the clay pizza oven, you definitely deserve some free pizza. Buy 1 ticket and get 1 free.
Just contact us on email@example.com so we can organise this for you.
The time: Wednesday 18 July, 6.30pm-9.30pm
The place: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS.
The cost: £30 per person, plus £1 booking fee
Dietary requirements: Vegetarians welcome. Please let us know if you are vegetarian or have any other dietary requirements when you book and we’ll try our absolute best to accommodate you. Please note: this event is not suitable for people unable to eat gluten.
A note about families: Unfortunately we can’t accommodate children on the Wednesday 18 July but if you would like to bring your children, come along on the Sunday 5 August session. All under 16s must be supervised by an adult.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your booking, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible. For full details of our cancellation policy please click here.