Thursday 8 February 2018 and Saturday 10 February 2018
Join us on Thursday 8 February or Saturday 10 February from 2pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of hands-on cooking, learning and eating. Learn how to cook a delicious Thai meal and then sit down together with the rest of the class to enjoy the fruits of your labours.
We’ve been lucky enough to spend quite a lot of time in South East Asia and we keep going back to Thailand for the fresh and spicy flavours in Thai cuisine. We’ve done several Thai cookery classes over the years (as well as a bit of sneaking into the kitchens of our favourite restaurants and guest houses) and this course is designed to share what we have learnt. We’ll learn about Thai flavour profiles (spicy, sweet, salty & sour) and how to adjust them to get the most authentic flavour, as well as cooking up several classic Thai dishes.
You don’t need to have any cooking experience to attend, this class is for anyone who wants to learn more about the flavours of South East Asia and Thai cooking.
This class will include:
- How to make a fresh Green Thai curry paste from scratch
- Cooking both Red and Green curries
- How to cook the perfect Jasmine Rice
- The accompaniments we will make are Ar-Jard (a cucumber salad) and Thai Fishcakes
- Lots of hands-on cooking, this is not a demonstration class, you will be helping cook the dishes
- Our class sizes are small so you will have lots of chance for one-to-one help and discussion
- After we have finished cooking, we will all sit down to enjoy the dishes you have cooked. A home-brewed beer and jasmine tea will be included.
- Recipes for everything we cook on the day plus a few extras will be provided, ready for you to host your own Thai dinner party.
Here are the details:
Cooking: You will be learning how to make a green curry paste from scratch and then making it into a delicious green curry, a red duck curry, the perfect jasmine rice, ar-jard (cucumber salad) and spicy Thai fishcakes.
Eating & drinking: After we have finished cooking we will sit down to eat together, around 5.30pm, water, jasmine tea and a beer will be provided but feel free to bring a bottle of something else.
Dietary Requirements: Please let us know any dietary requirements when you book. This class is not suitable for vegetarians but if you are interested in a Thai vegetarian cooking class please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org as we’re considering doing a veggie class later in the year.
Time: 2pm to 6.30pm, Thursday 8 February or Saturday 10 February 2018
Location: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS.
Cost: £60 per person, plus £1.50 booking fee.