Join us on Friday 24th January from 2pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of hands-on cooking, learning and eating. Learn how to cook a delicious Thai meal and then sit down together with the rest of the class to enjoy the fruits of your labours.
We’ve been lucky enough to spend quite a lot of time in South East Asia and we keep going back to Thailand for the fresh and spicy flavours in Thai cuisine. We’ve done several Thai cookery classes over the years (as well as a bit of sneaking into the kitchens of our favourite restaurants and guest houses) and this course is designed to share what we have learnt. We’ll learn about Thai flavour profiles (spicy, sweet, salty & sour) and how to adjust them to get the most authentic flavour, as well as cooking up several classic Thai dishes.
You don’t need to have any cooking experience to attend, this class is for anyone who wants to learn more about the flavours of South East Asia and Thai cooking.
This class will include:
- How to make a fresh Green Thai Curry Paste from scratch
- Thai Green Curry with Chicken & Aubergine
- Thai Red Curry with Duck & Pineapple
- How to cook the perfect Jasmine Rice
- Ar-Jard (a lightly pickled cucumber salad)
- Thai Fishcakes with a Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
- Lots of hands-on cooking, this is not a demonstration class, you will be helping cook the dishes
- Our class sizes are small so you will have lots of chance for one-to-one help and discussion
- After we have finished cooking, we will all sit down to enjoy the dishes you have cooked. A home-brewed beer and green tea will be included.
- Recipes for everything we cook on the day plus a few extras will be provided, ready for you to host your own Thai dinner party.
Here are the details:
Eating & drinking: After we have finished cooking we will sit down to eat together, around 5.30pm, water, green tea and a beer will be provided but feel free to bring a bottle of something else.
Dietary Requirements: Please let us know any dietary requirements when you book. This class is not suitable for vegetarians but if you are interested in Asian cooking then you may be interested in our Vegetarian Cooking Class: Asian Flavours.
Time: 2pm to 6.30pm, Friday 24th January 2020
Location: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS – the best way to find us is to put ‘The Edible Flower’ into Google Maps.
Cost: £60 per person, plus £1.50 booking fee.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your booking, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible. For full details of our cancellation policy please click here.
Photo Credit: Carrie Davenport