*** This is now sold out. Sorry if you missed out. ***
*** Follow the “Buy Tickets” link below to sign up to the waiting list ***
Join us on Saturday 18 January from 2pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of hands-on cooking, learning and eating. Learn how to cook a delicious Mediterranean inspired vegetarian meal and then sit down together with the rest of the class to enjoy the fruits of your labours.
We’re pretty obsessed with plants, so lots of our food is focused on making plants the star of the show – whether that’s fruits or vegetables, salads or herbs, pulses or grains. Eating lots of plants is brilliant as it’s generally healthier for you and your family, better for the environment (especially if you buy local, seasonal and organic/pesticide free where possible) and also totally delicious!
We cook lots of completely vegetarian menus for supper clubs, weddings, small events and for our six-week Twilight Gardening sessions each summer (which is always all about the veggies!). We get asked a lot about how to make vegetables the star of the show; how to curate a vegetarian meal that will please vegetarian teenagers while keeping the enthusiastic carnivores happy too!
You don’t need to have any cooking experience to attend, this class is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to prepare and cook meals where vegetables are the star of the show!
This class will include:
- Green Olive & Rosemary Soda Bread, you will learn how to make this delicious, no-knead, no-rise bread and everyone will make a loaf to take home and enjoy
- Spanakopita, a delicious Greek pie made with filo pastry, spinach and other winter greens, feta and herbs
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Mozzarella and Roasted Hazelnuts
- Charred Broccoli with Pink Pickled Onions & Cucumber
- Honey Roast Parsnip, Apple & Puy Lentils with Kale Crisps
- Lots of hands-on cooking, this is not a demonstration class, you will be helping cook the dishes
- Our class sizes are small so you will have lots of chance for one-to-one help and discussion
- After we have finished cooking, we will all sit down to enjoy the dishes you have cooked. A home-brewed beer and green tea will be included.
- Recipes for everything we cook on the day plus a few extras will be provided, ready for you to host your own veggie dinner party.
Here are the details:
Eating & drinking: After we have finished cooking we will sit down to eat together, around 5.30pm, water, green tea and a beer will be provided but feel free to bring anything else you would like to drink with dinner. We will finish up with a yummy dessert.
Dietary Requirements: Please let us know any dietary requirements when you book and we will do our absolute best to accommodate you
Time: 2pm to 6.30pm, Saturday 18 January 2020
Location: The Edible Flower, 121 Middle Road, Saintfield, Co. Down, BT24 7LS – the best way to find us is to put ‘The Edible Flower’ into Google Maps
Cost: £60 per person, plus £1.50 booking fee.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your booking, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible. For full details of our cancellation policy please click here.
Photo credit: Kat Mervyn Photography